Wednesday, November 9, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Pre-registration at 8:15 a.m.
Is your board and staff leadership on the same page for how to best move your organization forward? During this workshop we will:
- Discuss the various types and level of planning that can have a major impact on your organization’s efficiencies and effectiveness
- Explore strategic planning and how to create a process that works for your organization’s culture and budget
- Discuss how to create an inclusive planning process that enables your key stakeholders to participate and deepen their commitment to your organization
- Review the role of the board and staff during planning and how to create a process that is fun and energizing for everyone
- Explore how to engage in effective board development planning and how to review and update your committee structure
This will be an interactive workshop that includes time for discussions and questions. Board presidents, executive directors, board officers, governance chairs and staff management are encouraged to attend this workshop.The Presenter:
Jane Page-Steiner is the President of JPS Nonprofit Strategies. JPS assists nonprofits with board development, strategic planning and infrastructure development. Jane is a respected speaker, regularly presenting at national, regional and local nonprofit conferences. Jane is a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer, having joined this select group of expert trainers after completing a rigorous application and certification process and is now certified to deliver BoardSource’s signature nonprofit governance trainings.
Before establishing JPS Nonprofit Strategies, Jane served as the Vice President of Affiliate Relations for the National Down Syndrome Society. She provided regular counsel on leadership development, capacity building and resource development for affiliates across the country. Prior to that Jane served as the executive director for the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati for more than ten years. Jane is the owner and publisher of the Greater Cincinnati Nonprofit News an e-newsletter that reaches over 3700 readers in the Greater Cincinnati region.